Lake District Spa Facilities
With our beautifully located Riverside Spa, we’ve brought the outside in, with amazing floor-to-ceiling views of the surrounding fells whilst soaking away the strains of aching muscles or stressed minds.
The Riverside Spa (number one in “Spa Secrets” magazine’s “Cool List of Worldwide Spa Openings” when it opened) is small but perfectly formed. It offers all hotel guests a HydroSpa which enables you to watch the river flow by whilst being caressed by warm water jets and bubbles, a cosy Herbal Pine Sauna with views of the gardens, an Aromatherapy Room with under-tile heating and essential fragrances, two Monsoon Showers, Heated infra-red Loungers, and a sensual Reflexology Walk.
In the summer months, the glass-fronted doors open to provide a true feeling of being in the garden with the breeze on your face, at one with nature, giving you the chance to enjoy a chilled glass of wine or a cold beer on the decking before retiring to change for dinner. Delightful!
The Riverside Spa has undergone some exciting refurbishment work this year. As well as the fantastic facilities below, guests can now enjoy:
* A new glazed canopy around the spa decking
* Outdoor heaters
* New stylish and comfy seating
Here’s more on each of our spa facilities:
• The superb HydroSpa, adjoining the riverbank, enabling you to watch the river flow by and enjoy the fabulous fells beyond, which caresses the body with jets and bubbles of water heated to a perfect temperature of about 38 degrees. With two sunken loungers with air jets, and water cannons to massage your neck and ease those stresses away, this really is the ultimate in self-indulgence!
• A cosy Herbal Pine Sauna, giving you the chance to warm up in an environment of 85-90 degrees even on the freshest of Lake District days. And here at Rothay Garden we have added a twist, with a glass front to provide views of the garden as you relax and refresh.
• The Aroma Room – a luxurious and atmospheric aromatherapy room where under-tile heating, changing light colours and essential fragrances combine to provide a mood of total relaxation and contentment at a constant 40 degrees.
• Heated Infra-red Loungers which are beautifully contoured and will ease those aching joints and warm tired muscles, giving you and your partner the chance to truly relax.
• Two Monsoon Feature Showers, the perfect way to cool down or rinse off between heat treatments, offering either tropical warmth or arctic cool at the push of a button, and with power jets to pummel the body, invigorate the skin and increase blood flow.
What the papers say
LANCASHIRE EVENING POST
BRISTOL EVENING POST
NOTTINGHAM EVENING POST
CARLISLE NEWS & STAR
THE LAKES MESSENGER
WESTERN DAILY PRESS
DAILY MAIL ONLINE
ABERDEEN EVENING EXPRESS
COLCHESTER EVENING GAZETTE
HULL DAILY MAIL
NOTTINGHAM EVENING POST
SOUTH SHIELDS GAZETTE
BOLTON EVENING NEWS
WEST LANCASHIRE EVENING GAZETTE
ONTARIO FREE PRESS, CANADA
PETERBOROUGH EVENING TELEGRAPH
GOOD FOOD GUIDE