Access For All Policy Statement
The Rothay Garden Hotel is a service to the public with 30 rooms’ accommodation, food & beverages and residential spa.
The Managing Director & key staff of the Rothay Garden Hotel recognise their responsibility to ensure that the needs of all guests are recognised. We have assessed our activities and the layout of the hotel with respect to access for all.
Once areas were identified the following modifications and policies were implemented: -
1. Modification of the car park and main entrance with low gradient ramp, grab rails and colour contrast steps.
2. Modification of Ground floor public area’s with low gradient ramps and grab rails creating full accessibility throughout, including two lounges and the restaurant.
3. Eight Ground floor bedrooms with varying shower and bath combinations. Direct level access to grounds installed in most ground floor rooms.
4. One ground floor room fully DDA compliant with walk in wet room.
5. Fully DDA compliant ground floor public toilet.
6. Gradient to riverside bedrooms identified with contrasting coloured carpet on modest ramp.
7. Hearing loop system installed at reception.
8. ‘Reading’ policy for Key Staff with regard to menus and hotel literature for visually impaired guests.
9. Comprehensive list of local attractions with access for all policies in place.
10. To strive for continual improvement in procedures and training with regard to access for all.
Christopher M. Carss, FIH